Laserfiche WebLink
<br /> <br />DATE: June 6, 2017 <br /> <br />TO: Honorable Mayor and City Council <br /> <br />FROM: Jason Kruckeberg, Assistant City Manager/Development Services Director <br /> Philip A. Wray, Deputy Director of Development Services/City Engineer <br /> <br />SUBJECT: RESOLUTION NO. 7166 ORDERING THE VACATION OF AN <br />EASEMENT FOR STREET AND HIGHWAY PURPOSES OVER LAND <br />BOUNDED ON THE SOUTHWEST BY THE ARCADIA PAR-3 GOLF <br />COURSE, AND ON THE NORTHWEST BY DAINES DRIVE, IN THE <br />UNINCORPORATED COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES <br /> Recommendation: Adopt <br /> <br />SUMMARY <br /> <br />In the 1940’s, the City received land and an access easement associated with the <br />Arcadia Par-3 Golf Course. Subsequently, the land was subdivided and four (4) lots <br />were developed over the easement. The easement no longer serves its intended <br />purpose for access; however, a portion of the easement contains overhead utility lines. <br />The property owners have requested that the easement be vacated. On May 2, 2017, <br />the City Council adopted Resolution No. 7164 noticing the intent to vacate the <br />easement and set a public hearing for June 6, 2017. <br /> <br />At the close of the public hearing, it is recommended that this easement be vacated to <br />the underlying property owners, with the retention of a public utility easement over a <br />portion. <br /> <br />BACKGROUND <br /> <br />In December of 1940, the City of Arcadia received a grant of real property for what is <br />now the Arcadia Par 3 Golf Course. Along with that grant, the City received an <br />easement for “Street and Highway Purposes” connecting the Golf Course property to <br />Daines Drive northwest of the Golf Course. The easement lies entirely within the <br />Unincorporated County of Los Angeles. The property containing the easement was <br />owned by the same owner as the future Golf Course land and was apparently granted <br />as an access to the Golf Course property from a public street. Sometime after that, the <br />City obtained a public access, connecting the property directly to Live Oak Avenue, <br />which is in use today. <br /> <br />